GLIN==> There is still time

Hi Everyone,

We still have a couple spots left for our annual Environmental Lobby Day on April 22nd.  See below for details, hope you all can make it!

Register now  (http://www.theoec.org/LD2008.asp) for the Ohio Environmental Council’s Environmental Lobby Day – April 22 at the YWCA and Statehouse in downtown Columbus.

What can you do to prevent exports of Lake Erie water by pipeline to thirsty states in the U.S. and by tanker to foreign countries? How can Ohioans act now to decrease our dependence on fossil fuels as an energy source and mitigate their devastating effect on our environment?

At OEC’s Environmental Lobby Day, you can get an update on the most important challenges facing Ohio’s air, land, and water… and you will meet the lawmakers who decide on the laws governing our future health and protection of Ohio’s natural places.

You will learn the “do’s” and “don’ts” of successful Statehouse advocacy, then you will have lunch with lawmakers. In the afternoon, you will be teamed with an experienced group leader who will accompany you to meetings with lawmakers responsible for deciding upon critical environmental issues. This is your chance to tell your representatives about the issues most important to you.

This year we have added a reception after the day’s events at the Hyatt on Capitol Square where we can all meet, debrief, and relax. Download the brochure. (http://www.theoec.org/PDFs/brochures/LD08Brochure.pdf)

This Earth Day, make your voice count…at the Ohio Statehouse. Register online. (http://www.theoec.org/LD2008.asp)
--
Kristy Meyer
Director of Clean Water Programs

Do you care about protecting the environment, public health and our natural resources? Become a member of the Ohio Environmental Council and help make a difference. Learn more about OEC and make your tax-deductible contribution at: http://www.theoec.org/Donate.asp