GLIN==> GLNPO Request for Applications - Lake Priorities. Due June 10, 2008.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Great Lakes National Program
Office is now requesting applications in the following areas:
•     Approximately $100,000 to support Lake Michigan Forum activities,
including work with ports/harbors in the nearshore and completion of the
work with the four Lake Michigan states in a climate exchange program
between farmers and industry.
•     Approximately $25,000 to support environmental education and
outreach about Lake Michigan to Lake Michigan communities, including
Areas of Concern and to teachers.
•     Approximately $75,000 to support training and tool development for
Lake Michigan regional planning commissions and their shoreline
communities in order to promote the use of green infrastructure and low
impact land use design.
•     Approximately $75,000 for projects related to facilitating the
Lake Superior Binational Forum.
•     Approximately $120,000 for a project that addresses the Lake Huron
priority of Managing Water Quality to Protect and Restore Biodiversity.
•     Approximately $300,000 for a project to estimate loadings to Lakes
Michigan, Huron, Superior, and Ontario of total phosphorus, total
dissolved phosphorus, nitrate, and chloride.

Submissions must be postmarked or received by EPA or electronically
through grants.gov by midnight, CST on June 10, 2008.

This Request for Applications is one of four funding opportunities
currently available through a link from:
http://epa.gov/greatlakes/fund/current.html

To be added to our mailing list which announces and provides information
about our funding opportunities, we request that you register at: <
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/maillist/index.html >.  For general questions,
please contact Michael Russ (312-886-4013 / russ.michael@epa.gov).

Michael Russ
USEPA-Great Lakes National Program Office
Program Planning and Budget Team Leader
77 West Jackson Blvd. (G-17J)
Chicago, IL 60604-3590
Phone 312-886-4013