GLIN==> NY Great Lakes Protection Fund Small Grants Available!

New York’s Great Lakes research Consortium is once again administering the small grants program provided through the New York Great Lakes Protection Fund. Some details are below, but you may find the full call for proposals on our website.

This small grants program provides seed funding for new, cooperative approaches to projects with potential to improve the understanding and/or management of New York's Great Lakes basin. The program supports collaborative projects and grant awards can be used for preliminary research, project planning, as seed money for pilot projects that will lead to larger projects, or to support small-scale projects consistent with the objectives below. We particularly encourage projects supporting students working with local government and community organizations.

The maximum amount for each grant is $10,000.  Funding for this program comes from the New York Great Lakes Protection Fund.  These are New York State-appropriated funds subject to all applicable rules and regulations.  No indirect costs are allowed. We expect to fund 3-5 projects through this solicitation. Award decisions and funds are anticipated to be available by late November 2008 with projects to start no earlier than January 1, 2009.

Electronic versions of the proposals should be received no later than August 22, 2008.  Please also submit an original signed copy of the proposal to: Great Lakes Research Consortium, SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry, 24 Bray Hall, Syracuse, NY 13210. Please send electronic files to Khris Dodson at glrc@esf.edu.

Application materials are available at www.esf.edu/glrc

or contact Khris Dodson at 315-470-6720, or e-mail glrc@esf.edu.

The application deadline is August 22, 2008.