GLIN==> Seiche Newsletter Available

Minnesota Sea Grant's "Seiche" online newsletter is now available:
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/newsletter/

Topics include:

-Lake Superior Feels the Heat: Climate Change Discussed at Conference
Summer temperatures like Kansas and winters like Wisconsin are just some changes possibly in store for Minnesota. Read what climate change experts discussed during a recent Lake Superior conference.

-Steel Corrosion Found in More Northland Harbors
Deeply pitted steel has been found in several western Lake Superior ports, not only in the Duluth-Superior Harbor.

-Readers Want to Know
Where did all the smelt go?

-Knauss Fellow to Work on Ocean Policy
Julie Palakovich Carr has gone from studying lynx in the forests of Minnesota, to helping shape policy in the concrete jungles of our nation's capital.

...plus information on other staff activities and new products/services. If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this publication, please send me your name and street address. Or, if you'd like to receive a personal e-mail notification when the Seiche is available on the web, please send me your e-mail address. Subscription is FREE.

"Superior Science for You!"

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
Minnesota Sea Grant - UMD