GLIN==> Presenters Needed for Rouge River Water Festival at Cranbrook

Dear Water Resource Professional,

The 2008 Rouge River Water Festival at Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS) is currently being planned and we are writing to ask for your help in conducting this event. The intent of the water festival is to provide an educational and enjoyable learning experience that supports the educational objectives of school science programs. Oakland County students within the Rouge River Watershed were invited to the campus of CIS for this half-day educational experience.

Each class is invited to attend one half-day session. We have a split day format with approximately 15 classes for each of the sessions. Each session lasts 25 minutes.

Will you please join us as a presenter or volunteer guide this year? The Festival is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, September 16, 2008(8am-12pm), Wednesday , September 17, 2008 (8am-12pm), , Thursday, September 18, 2008 (8am-3pm), and Friday, September 19, 2008 (8am-12pm) .
All presenters/volunteers will receive a free Water Festival tee shirt continental breakfast and a box lunch for volunteering their time and expertise at the Rouge River Water Festival.

Can you help us? At this time, we need approximately 20-25 professionals on each of the days.  You may choose to help on one, two or all four days. Please forward this announcement to any other parties that may be interested.

Please email me at marquette@cranbrook.edu for more information or for registration forms.

Thank you for your consideration.
Michele

Michele Arquette-Palermo
Watershed Education Program Coordinator

office :248-645-3223
cell:248-303-1852
fax:248-645-3050
email:marquette@cranbrook.edu
Cranbrook:  More than 100 years of excellence in education, science, and art!

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
                                          --Loren Eiseley