GLIN==> Great Lakes Commission News Briefs: Sept. 2, 2008

Title: Great Lakes Commission News Briefs

Great Lakes Commission News Briefs

A monthly summary of issues, activities and events
at the Great Lakes Commission

Sept. 2, 2008

Make plans to join the GLC in Québec City October 6-7
Register online now at https://www.glc.org/meeting/register1.html! To ensure a room, please make hotel reservations no later than Friday, Sept. 5. More

Great Lakes Commission 2007 annual report focuses on "Our Changing Lakes"
"Our Changing Lakes" is the theme of the Great Lakes Commission 2007 Annual Report, available now. More

Commission responds to EPA proposed rules on vessel discharges
In formal comments submitted to the U.S. EPA in July, the Great Lakes Commission acknowledged "appreciation" for the agency’s efforts to better manage discharges incidental to operation of commercial vessels under the Clean Water Act, but stressed that the ballast measures outlined in a proposed permit process do not go far enough to provide effective protection of the Great Lakes from aquatic invasive species. More

Michigan Small Harbors Coalition, Great Lakes Dredging Team to hold meetings together
The recently organized Michigan Small Harbors Coalition and the Great Lakes Dredging Team are holding meetings on the same date and location, Sept. 30 in Bay City, Mich. More

Upcoming Events

More events

Great Lakes Commission
Eisenhower Corporate Park