GLIN==> Appeal for action: Lake Ontario

Submitted by John Miller <jmiller@ryerson.ca>

---
We hope you or your organization can spread word about this (attached) write-in campaign to stop the reopening of a uranium plant in Port Hope, Ontario, that has been leaking toxic uranium and arsenic into Lake Ontario for more than a decade.

Cameco Corporation?s UF6 plant has been shut for a year, but the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission is about to let it reopen ? without having to clean up the thousands of cubic metres of contamination that have been discovered in the soil and harbor around the plant.

We believe only a campaign by citizens can stop this and make a polluter clean up its mess.

We would appreciate your help in making people aware of this.

John Miller

Families Against Radiation Exposure

Port Hope, Ontario CANADA

Winner of 2006 Canadian Environment Award

www.ph-fare.com

905-885-5553