GLIN==> Register today for the Wisconsin Great Lake Gatherings

Submitted by Liz Walsh <liz@gatheringwaters.org>

---
www.greatlakegatherings.org

Lake Michigan Shorelands Alliance and Gathering Waters Conservancy invite you to help preserve and improve the ecological, economic and human health of Wisconsin's Lake Michigan Basin. Join us this fall at one of our Great Lake Gatherings--a series of four community forums taking place in key communities along Lake Michigan:

Green Bay: September 16, UW-Green Bay Phoenix Rooms
Sheboygan: October 1, Kohler Art Center
Mequon: October 8, Mequon Nature Preserve
Milwaukee: October 15, Milwaukee Art Museum

The Gatherings are bringing together local business owners, government officials, community leaders, landowners and other citizens to tackle the complex challenges facing the watershed.

Only together can we find answers to these questions:
How can we sustain a strong agricultural economy?
Energize economic development?
Safeguard water quality?
And protect the natural places that make the Lake Michigan Basin a great place to live, work and play?

Your insight will help make the Great Lake Gatherings a productive, solution-oriented conversation. Please register today to help us achieve lasting conservation of the places we all need and cherish.

Among other speakers, the Gatherings will feature:
~G. Tracy Mehan, III, Principal with The Cadmus Group and former Assistant Administrator for Water at the U.S Environmental Protection Agency
~Paul Linzmeyer, Sustainability Chair of New North, Cofounder of Ecolution and Innovation for Sustainable Operations, Inc., and Industry Chair of the Wisconsin Global Warming Task Force and the Bay Area Workforce Development Network
~Karl Klessig, Saxon Homestead Farm and Creamery, Glacial Lakes Conservancy board member
~Anthony Warren, President, West Bend Mutual Insurance Company

There is no charge to attend; to register and for more information visit www.greatlakegatherings.org.

We value your participation; please join us in protecting places that make this region special!

How to register?
Online registration is available at www.greatlakegatherings.org.

Questions? Contact Liz Walsh at (608) 251-9131 x12 or liz@gatheringwaters.org

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * glin-announce is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN): http://www.great-lakes.net