GLIN==> Clinton River Watershed Council Student Congress Calls for Presenters

Dear Water Resource Professional,

The 2008 Clinton River Watershed Council Stream Leaders Student Congress just around the corner. Stream Leader Student Congress is an annual event where student representatives from various schools within the watershed that have participated water quality monitoring program come together to compare their findings and attend breakout sessions. It is an opportunity for everyone to come together and experience a “conference” atmosphere while learning about career development in our community. This gathering is a valuable step in connecting students with other Stream Leaders in the tri-county area.  They all share concern for the health of our waterways after their streamside experience

I am writing to ask for your support to ensure that this years Student Congress will continue to be the event it has been in the past.  We need your assistance and support! Currently, we need seven presenters for the workshops and six to eight exhibitors for the exhibit arena.  Presenter workshop topics may include on soil erosion, reporting a pollution event, macro invertebrate identification, outdoor recreation or any other water topic.

Student Congress will convene at the Macomb Intermediate School District building (44001 Garfield Rd., Clinton Township, ½ mile south of M-59), on November 20, 2008, from 8:45 am to 1 pm.

For your convenience, we have attached a registration form. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact me at the Clinton River Watershed Council (248) 601-0606 or email michele@crwc.org. Thank you for your time and look forward to working with you and your colleagues at this years Clinton River Watershed Council Student Congress.

Sincerely Yours,

Michele Arquette-Palermo

Watershed Education and Stewardship Director

Clinton River Watershed Council

101 Main St. Suite 100

Rochester, MI 48307

Protecting, enhancing and celebrating the Clinton River, its watershed and Lake St. Clair.