GLIN==> GL Town Hall: What Would Obama Do? essay by Gary Wilson

Click to view this email in a browser

header_01.jpg

This Week in Your Great Lakes Town Hall!

Guest Writer: none this week.

Featured Issue: What Would Obama Do? by Gary Wilson

 New on the Community

Bulletin Board

  • Wind Turbines in Migratory Flyway in Indiana
  • Great Lakes Town Hall reaches 2,000 mark!
  • Great Lakes Green Chemistry Survey
  • Oil Sands Will Pollute the Great Lakes
  • Indiana National forest case in U.S. Supreme Court

 Post an announcement or question on the Community Bulletin Board!

Support the Town Hall!

 Click here to make a secure donation through GroundSpring to support the Great Lakes Town Hall!

Activities in the Town Hall

  • Featured Issue
  • Guest Writer
  • Opinion Polls
  • Community Bulletin Board
  • Make a donation

Get Involved in your Town Hall today!

Dear Great Lakes Neighbor,

Each week we invite grassroots activists, artists, officials, physicians, parents, young people and others to offer insightful commentary on their Great Lakes experiences and views. Of course, we also invite you to comment on their thoughts!

This week, the Town Hall is giving our guest writers a break to celebrate US Thanksgiving.  Please check back next week for our newest guest writer from the region, who will share their stories and perspectives about the Great Lakes every day - only in the Great Lakes Town Hall!

Guest Writer this week-- none this week.

Please check back next Monday, December 1st for our newest guest writer!

Read and Respond to past guest writers' essays in the Town Hall!

Featured Issue this week - What Would Obama Do?

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week, provided by co-moderators Dave Dempsey, Gary Wilson, and Brenna Wanous. This week, Gary cites the change in the feel of politics since the recent election of Barack Obama, stating that

Values and priorities have changed rapidly since November 4th. Secrecy, one-way messaging, and exclusion have been replaced with transparency, dialogue, and inclusion.

What does this mean for the citizen action groups that are pushing for increased protection of the Great Lakes that the Compact neglects (i.e. bottled water loophole)?  Would open dialogue help narrow the gap between what citizens are asking for, and what some big environmental groups are advocating?

Read the rest of Gary's Featured Issue, and put in your two cents!

Bringing you a better Great Lakes Town Hall!

We listened to all of the wonderful feedback from our 2007 survey and have taken your advice. We will be launching your new Town Hall this December. You can expect easier navigation, new features, all past postings and much, much more!

We are looking for sponsors to support the building of the new Town Hall. Here is a great opportunity for businesses to sponsor a good cause and see their logo on the front page of the Town Hall. Are you interested? Do you know someone who might be interested? If so, please contact Brenna Wanous at bwanous@biodiverse.org or 773-496-4020.

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - What Would Obama Do? in the Great Lakes Town Hall all this week!

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as a guest speaker, please reply to this email. We encourage individuals of all ages, occupations, and opinions to participate in the conversation.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

brenna sig.jpg

Brenna Wanous
Great Lakes Town Hall Manager

Biodiversity Project's Great Lakes Town Hall

Click here to forward this email to a friend

Great Lakes Town Hall
Biodiversity Project
4507 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Suite 106