GLIN==> The Environment Report for 02.19.09

Today on The Environment Report...

"Green jobs" have been big buzzwords
around the stimulus package.  Tamara
Keith finds the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
is typically skeptical of environmental
ideas... but some Chamber members are
optimistic that green jobs might help
get people back to work.

Also, we'll hear about President Obama's
trip to Canada to meet with Prime Minister
Stephen Harper.  On their agenda: extracting
some of the dirtiest oil on the planet.

And... an update on the aftermath of a
major coal ash spill in Tennessee.  Matt
Shafer Powell reports the spill damaged
the soil and water.  Now people are worried
about the air around their homes.

TODAY'S DAILY REPORT:
GREEN INVESTING & COAL ASH IN THE AIR
http://environmentreport.org/show.php?showID=101

TODAY'S NEWS FEATURE:
WILL COAL ASH SPILL GET INTO THE AIR?
http://environmentreport.org/story.php?story_id=4358

TODAY'S NEWS SPOT:
ARE GREEN JOBS GOOD JOBS?
http://environmentreport.org/story.php?story_id=4359

Please check your local station for air times. You can also
hear and read these stories on The Environment Report web
site at http://environmentreport.org.

The report can be downloaded to your iPod automatically each
day. See the RSS feed on our homepage for details.