GLIN==> Wisconsin Adopt-A-Beach Training and Get Together!

[cid:image001.jpg@01C99CE6.D5C52CD0]
Adopt-A-Beach(tm) Training and Get Together!
Keeping our beaches clean & healthy takes caring people in our communities working together. To thank adopters and to celebrate the success of the Alliance's Adopt-a-Beach(tm) program, we are inviting you to attend our annual training. We will be providing an overview of our new online database for the Adopt-a-Beach(tm) program! The training will also include a review of the Adopt-a-Beach(tm) data collection forms and protocol, including a discussion of some recent changes. This is your opportunity to ensure that you are collecting data in a standardized method. Come to one of our training sessions listed below and meet others that share your zeal for the Great Lakes.

New and returning Adopt-a-Beach(tm) teams can choose a training date that's convenient for your schedule and location. Refreshments and a light snack will be served.

Training dates are as follows and details are also on our web site at www.greatlakes.org/adoptabeach<http://www.greatlakes.org/adoptabeach>, just click on Spring Kickoff Adopt-a-Beach(tm) Cleanup Event:
Wisconsin: To R.S.V.P. contact Todd Brennan at 414-559-0317, or tbrennan@greatlakes.org<mailto:tbrennan@greatlakes.org>.
April 06, 5 p.m.-7 p.m., Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, 1845 N. Farwell Ave., Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
April 07, 5 p.m.-7 p.m., Southport Beach House at (ground floor) Southport Beach Park, 7825 1st Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53143
April 18, 5 p.m.-7 p.m., Root River Environmental Education Community Center (REC) at 1301 6th Street, Racine, WI 53404

For those of you not located near a training site, we are in the process of developing tools to help you receive training information, and will let you know when this is available.

Kick off the beach season by scheduling a data collection visit during the Spring Kickoff period: April 20 to May 3. Contact your state coordinator to schedule your date! Then help us get others involved. Please forward on to someone you feel might be interested and help us grow the number of volunteers monitoring Great Lakes beaches.

Thank you!