No Subject

From: Chris Rust <crust@ioa.com>
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Small photo developer

I've operated a black & white darkroom in my home, which is serviced by a
septic system, for nine years without any problems. I got the MSDS's for
all commonly used chemicals from Kodak and there weren't any that couldn't
be "flushed to the sewer with adequate rinse water". Good practice is to
mix spent developer, stop bath, and fixer before discharging in order to
neutralize the acidic and alkaline components. About the only thing I might
worry about if I was also drinking from a nearby well is the use of
selenium toner.

Chris Rust, Waste Reduction Consultant
310 Upper Laurel Dr., Hendersonville, NC 28739