RE: NO SUBJECT

    Reference: Note from (I1995055 - IBMMAIL) attached below

Hello everyone,

     Sorry for the re-posting of the attachments, but I wanted to ask for some
clarification (mostly for my own benefit).  I have absolutely no experience
with the types of chemicals used to develop photographs, but the dialogue in
the attached seems to indicate that they are somewhat hazardous (i.e. something
we don't want circulating in our water supply).  If this is true, then
wouldn't the act of mixing the solutions together and flushing them to the
sewer system simply shift the inherent pollution from one place to another
(i.e. from the home developer to the sewage system, possibly even the ground-
water, and ultimately to the sewage treatment plant)?  The hazardous chemicals
and resultant pollution will still need to "cleaned-up" a some later stage, and
so this approach does not seem consistent with the philosophy of Pollution
*Prevention* as I understand it.  If someone could please clarify this point,
I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks for your help.

Eric Masanet
Research Assistant - Manufacturing Group
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL

Design Engineer
Caterpillar Inc.