Re: RE: NO SUBJECT

Ref.  comments related to paper reduction and using digital cameras.

Patrick,

Try telling some of the old timers that they don't need hard copy.  I am 52
years old and have been pro-technology all my life.  I will tinker with
anything.  Some of my colleagues, even the very young, are affraid of using
a modem and have to have extensive paper files.  They get very upset with
me when I don't follow an email attachment with a fax of the attachment!
Even when the document is short.  All we can do is keep trying.

As for digital cameras, unfortunately the technology is not there yet (get
with it silicon valley!).  I had asked my wife for a digital camera for
Xmas (not professional, what is available under $1,000).  She did some
research and found out from a graphics artist that one can still get better
graphics by scanning a good photo, instead of using even the most expensive
of the cameras in the price range.  Well, at least if one digitizes by
scanning, fewer copies fo the photo are made (?).

Sorry couldn't avoid commenting.

Mario Salazar, Environmental Engineer
Environmental Pollution Prevention Project
USAID, Global Environment
USAID/G/ENV SA-18, room 508G
Washington, DC 20523-1812
Phone 703 875-4669, fax 875-4639