AIRLINE WASTE -Reply

Good issue!   I would like to expand on it if I may.

If you think the packets at a restaurant are tough, try to get out of a grocery store without a sack.  The checker and bagger look at you blankly when you wont take a bag for your newspaper, or a carton of milk;  I have also had managers chase me out of the store  "would you like a bag sir!'.

Of course  not all stores follow this pattern; one store used to offer a nickel discount if you brought your own bag.  We need to get the baggers to say "do you want a bag?" instead of "paper or plastic?"  How much money and time is wasted bagging one or two items?

Th*mas