Re: Pollution Prevention Research

I cited Section 8 data in some workshop materials on pollution prevention
in petroleum refining for the Illinois EPA (Allen and Rosselot, "Pollution
Prevention in Petroleum Refining," Illinois EPA Office of Pollution
Prevention, 1995).  Also, in 1994 I reported some of the data in a white
paper ("Prevention of Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions at Petroleum
Refineries") intended as part of background material for an
industry/regulatory roundtable on p2 in petroleum refining.

I find Section 8 data to be particularly frustrating.  Facilities have a
tendency to report the same strategy for all the chemicals they report.
They'll report LDAR, for example, for a chemical that isn't
emitted to air.

 Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.                   Process Profiles
                                                      P.O. Box 8264
 1-818-878-0454                            Calabasas, CA 91372-8264
 rosselot@netcom.com                                         U.S.A.