Pollutants in Homes: Reply

Brook wrote:

Are there labs in the East Coast which test for pollutants in peoples
homes( lead, chemicals,...)? Any list of labs would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-brook
------------------------------------------------------------->
There are lead test kits available for home owners.  The Ohio Department of
Health has prepared a list of companies that offer kits to the general public for
testing lead in their homes.  I found one company in the East Coast area:
HybriVet Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 1210
Framingham, Mass. 01701
1-800-262-Lead

I contacted the company to see if the info we have is current.  They have
eight-pack kits (LeadCheck Swabs) for $21.95 and sixteen-pack
kits (LeadCheck Swabs) for 38.95.  They also have test kits available for
testing lead in soil and water.   Hope this helps.

Art Coleman
Ohio EPA, Division of Hazardous Waste Management
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
(614) 644-2968
Fax (614) 728-1245 or (614) 644-2329