p2 for waste handlers

Dear p2 techers!

I had a discussion with managers of our local private waste handling
(recycling, incineration, disposal, ...) company. They are no friends
of p2, since it reduces their buisiness and they are aware of our
activities.
Today the discussion was about if and how we could work together and
if there are arguments that could bring them into the boat of p2.
Does anybody have good arguments for them to support waste
minimsation and things like that. Is there any study available that
proves that they could make money from less waste, or will they be
against us for ever?
Please let me know your experiences!

Hans Schnitzer
from Austria / Europe