Re: p2 for waste handlers

     Hans,

     Sounds like you have a touch sell.  I believe that pollution
     prevention is the wave of the future when it comes to waste
     management.  It is the best management practice for business, not only
     from an environmental perspective, but also from an economic one.
     Business is gradually moving in this direction, as they begin to
     understand the "true" costs of generating and managing waste.  The
     inevitable outcome of such thinking is that less waste will be
     produced. It seems to me that waste haulers who refuse to accept this
     fact will eventually face great decreases in profitability.  Rather
     than fight the change, maybe you can suggest that they position
     themselves to profit from pollution prevention practices.  Maybe they
     can begin to gradually transition from waste hauling and disposal to
     offering recycling services.

     Bis Später!

        Ron Del Mar
        Fluor Daniel Northwest