Motor oil bottle mfgrs?

Hi everyone!

I just got off the phone with a contact of mine in a major oil company.
He said that the manufacturers of motor oil bottles are being pressured
by state governments to get more plastic out of the waste stream.  This
contact said there was legislation in Arizona, Nevada, and Texas aimed
at eliminating plastic motor oil bottles and going back to the old style
cardboard/tin composite can.

Has anyone heard about this?

Does anyone know any contacts at plastic motor oil bottle
manufacturers?  It seems to me that they would want to keep plastic
bottles on the market, and would be open to new ideas that would recycle
more of their product.

Your help is appreciated!

Gerard Forgnone
Plastic Oil Products