Re: Cool software and other tools?

You might want to take a look at an article I wrote for the NW P2 Resource
Center's newsletter a few months back.  The online version is at:

http://www.seattle.battelle.org/P2Online/P2byte.htm

the article discusses several tools for P2.  Not all of them (or even many of
them) specifically address measurement per se, but it sounds like you're casting
your net more broadly than that (for which you should be commended).

Also, please note that rather than update the article right this moment, readers
should be aware of the following correction:  the SuperPro process design
software listed in the article can now be downloaded at
http://www.intelligen.com.  I haven't looked at the current version, but Demetri
Petrides, who developed the software, was a pioneer in the chemical engineering
community in terms of trying to integrate P2 into process design tools.  For
many P2 TECH'er's it will have a bit more of a treatment emphasis than you might
prefer, but earlier versions certainly had application to evaluating P2 options
at the process and unit operation level.

Hope this helps.

Scott Butner

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Battelle Seattle Research Center