Re: P2 and Sludge

I am not sire exactly what the sludge is, bu tin the power plant that I work
in we recycle the coal ash. If this is the sludge that you are refering to
then I think that I might be able to find out where our "sludge" goes to.
At 09:24 AM 2/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Looking for P2 ideas!!  The Y-12 Steam Plant Waste Treatment Facility
>produces a approximately 50,000 lbs of sludge a month.  The sludge is a
>non-hazardous waste that currently goes to our landfill, however, we are
>interested in any potential P2 use we might have for it.  The sludge is a
>by-product of coal pile run off, softener and demineralzer regenerations,
>and boiler blow down.  It has a clay consistency, moisture of 10 to 20 per
>cent, a ph of 9-11, and normally a high iron content. If needed, we would
>gladly supply a lab analysis.  Any P2 suggestions?  Potential vendors? etc?
>
>Thanks
>
>Eva Irwin
>exi@ornl.gov
>Y-12 Pollution Prevention Program
>Lockheed Martin Energy Systems, Inc.
>P. O. Box 2009
>Oak Ridge, TN  37831-8222
>(423) 241-2581 phone
>(423) 241-2857 fax

Sean McDaniel (Nature Boy)
Student Engineer: Industrial Assessment Center
Old Dominion University Kaufman Hall
Suite 214
Norfolk, Virginia 23529