Stripping Wire

    One & All,

    The messages talking of heavy metal contamination may be quite a
    concern, if either a high pressure water spray or mechanical
    methods are used.

    I really liked the water idea but if one is going to generate a
    hazardous waste water (it could only be recirculated so long
    without a suldge or the need to replace the water) and/or sludge,
    the potential treatment costs and eventual disposal costs may take
    most of the profitability out of the process.  In this respect a
    mechancial process may be more efficient, waste wise, as only the
    insulation may need managed as a hazardous waste if it turns out
    to be heavy-metal contaminated.  (Floor sweepings (dust would pose
    an inhalation risk) around such an operation may also be a
    concern.)

    Sorry to throw wrenches, but what we need is some analytical data
    on constituents in waste generated from such processes.

    Ric