Re: Four Wheel Drive SUV popularity

In message <199703262350.SAA06261@celeste.INS.CWRU.Edu>, "Ralph E.
Cooper, Ph.D." <rec3@po.cwru.edu> writes

>Rudy -- Raise gasoline prices high enough and they will almost all disappear
>to be replaced by mass transit and little commuter cars.

Sorry.. but I disagree..  I'm not aware that this commonly held belief
has ever been proved..  here in the UK we pay about three times the cost
for petrol (gasoline) than in the US and it hasn't made any difference.
All that happens is that people pay more for their transport costs.
Remember also that a successful economy relies of distribution of goods
and services and restriction of this will have wider economic impacts.

--
Duncan Philips
e-mail to: Duncan@genesis2.demon.co.uk