Treatment of Fluoride in Water

    In answer to a posting from Charlie Sullivan.

    I recently received some info Charlie concerning alternate etchant
    technology...just names and ideas as leads, no indepth info of
    which to speak.  The info was NOT aimed at the electronics
    industry although some it may be applicable.

    I was looking at suggestions for replacement of hyrdofluoric acid.
    One of the goals was to eliminate the fluoride as treatment of the
    waste water generated a calcium fluoride sludge for which no good
    use could be found.  I cannot vouch for the efficiency of the
    calcium treatment method for reaching discharge parameters.

    If consideration of alternatives is an option, I will be happy to
    fax or mail you the info.

    Please re-post your request if you are interested.