RE: Break-through In CO2 Cleaning

I served as one of the judges for the President's Green Chemistry Award Program.
 We scored the CO2 applications lower because they trade off energy (which also
pollutes) for chemicals and because there was considerable concern about the
safety of the equipment currently available for P2 applications.  One way to
lower the cost of the equipment is to skimp on the safety.  We felt there was
evidence of this.  It is amazing how often P2 opportunities go to higher utility
costs and less safety to substitute for a hazardous chemical?  Has anyone cone a
comparative risk study on one of these cases?  The CO2 might be a good place to
start.

Bob Pojasek
Cambridge Environmental Inc.
58 Charles St.