Re: Four Wheel Drive SUV popularity -Reply

My tongue has teethmarks from being bitten so long during
this discussion of observations and opinions.

A cost at the pump that is reflective of actual costs sounds
agreeable to me but I have not seen a definitive cost
analysis of the extraction, transportation and refining of
gasoline. Does it even xist? If indeed gas is priced
artificially low in the US, which I do not know is the case,
then why? Is it a result of  subsidies in some form or
another to that industry? If so, let' s advocate removal of
the subsidies and let the market determine the price. But
please, please, please don't propose raising taxes on fuel
to balance the equation. I do not wish to pay more taxes
than I already am paying.