Re: Four Wheel Drive SUV popularity -Reply

The debate over the price of gasoline must be made in the context of total cost
accounting or total environmental costs.  Include in this cost all aspects; from
the crude to the pump, plus the maintainence and construction of the roads.
If I use my car, make me pay for the pollution I cause.  But, my federal taxes
must be reduced to compensate.  Driving a car is a luxury.  Non-drivers should
not have to pay for my luxury.  Thank you for the opportunity to participate in
the debate.

Robert J. Barkanic
Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary
Office of Air, Recycling and Radiation Protection
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
please visit our home page at http://www.dep.state.pa.us