Re: mEASURING P2 SUCCESS

The authority on measuring behavior change is Professor Francine H. Jacobs at
Tufts University.  She has published "The Five-Tiered Approach to Evaluation."
A masters degree student at Tufts University has used the approach to evaluate
the New Hampshire Pollution Prevention Program.  I am sure the tool can work to
measure improvement within a company.

Fran's expertise is in measuring change in the behavior of youth who have been
in half way houses and other similar programs.  It has been proposed as a model
for measuring the success of pollution prevention technical assistance programs.
 However, very few technical assistance providers have chosen to use the
methodology.  I have talked about this program several times on P2TECH.  If you
send me your address, I will send you a copy of Fran's paper and a section of
the thesis described above.  I would love to hear how it works for your case.

Bob Pojasek
Cambridge Environmental Inc.
58 Charles St.
Cambridge, MA 02141