Re: compliance checklist for auto body shops

     I would check with your state Environmental Regulatory people.
     Our state regulators (SC) have specific checklists for
     compliance. ( we request info. through the Freedom of Information
     Act)  I know that Florida DEP have checklists taylored for the
     industries they regulate.  You could ask for the RCRA checklist
     if it applys, the stormwater reg. compl. checklist etc.  I have
     ordered them from Business and Legal Reports, Inc.  You may even
     want to check with any pertinent Associations with which the
     autobody shops may be members.

     One of the big car companies may have put together such a
     checklist.  Possible Hertz or someone like that.  Just some
     thoughts.

     Good Luck,

     Helen Jervey
     Rust Environment & Infrastructure