Re: TSD Capacity

Kevin-I have some antecdotal evidence. In 1993, while working for an
environmentalengineering firm, we were quoting on the leachate collection
and treatment system for a large hazardous waste landfill one of the big
names in hazardous waste was trying to win siting approval from the PA DEP
(then DER). While waiting for approval, they did a reanalysis of waste
generation volumes and learned that they had dropped and that they could no
longer justify the time or expense of pursuing. They dropped the project.
Rumor had it that they made some legal moves that would prevent a
competitor from following them onto the same site. To me it was clear that
wasn't necessary, if in fact true.

wjw/

wjw5@psu.edu
Warren J. Weaver