The real definition

Perhaps this question has been posed before.  However, I have no
recollection of discussions concerning it.  I don't believe I have found the
terms "source reduction" (SR) and "pollution prevention" (P2) defined.
We all know what SR is and even how to do it.  But many people call P2
different things.  For some people, P2 is SR only.  For others P2 includes
waste minimization and treatment activities.  Does anyone have a citation
of a definition of these two terms?

Thanks and happy searching!

Kenny Steward
Pollution Prevention