Photochemical alternatives -Reply

The Crane Naval Surface Warfare Division is a large industialized facility
with many photographic needs - technical and otherwise.  We have
eliminated use of all  chemicals in our photo processes by using digital
photographic equipment. We eliminated  purchase/ use of 28 hazardous
materials,  500,000 gal / yr rinse water, 11,000 gal / yr of photographic
baths/chemicals.  The initial investment was $210K, but we are
expecting to save $190K/yr after the first year.  The process is 3 times
faster than the traditional method.  It consists of digital cameras,
scanners, computer workstations and printers.

>>> <rshrestha@acl.nyit.edu> 04/28/97 09:02am >>>
Hi all!
I am in research of pollution prevention for company 'Disc Graphics'. The
information received from company is incomplete, but I know they have
waste water of
200gpd in out side collection tank after silver recovery. In darkroom they
use photochemicals like fuji and 3m sys. Is there any latest technology
cheaper and beneficial? sorry for long:- any suggestion would be
appreciated.
Razan, Suffolk County Water Authority