Photochemical alternatives -Reply -Reply

Several Dept. of Energy sites have transformed their shops from
traditional wet processes to digital photography.  Pantex Plant has a very
good ROI calculation that we would be happy to share.  Lawrence
Livermore National Lab has taken some of the technology a step further
and have produced a camera capable of printing 2' X 3' maps in 150 dpm
detail.  It is incredible!

If I can help, please feel free to call on me.  Also, talk with Jerry Alfaro
(alfaro1@llnl.gov) or John Blunden (blunden2@llnl.gov) at Livermore.
They have a ton of information!

Thanks and good luck!

Kenny Steward
Pollution Prevention
Pantex Plant
ksteward@pantex.com

>>> CATHY ANDREWS
<CA7546%smtp.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil@internet.pantex.com> 04/29/97
05:21am >>>
The Crane Naval Surface Warfare Division is a large industialized facility
with many photographic needs - technical and otherwise.  We have
eliminated use of all  chemicals in our photo processes by using digital
photographic equipment. We eliminated  purchase/ use of 28 hazardous
materials,  500,000 gal / yr rinse water, 11,000 gal / yr of photographic
baths/chemicals.  The initial investment was $210K, but we are
expecting to save $190K/yr after the first year.  The process is 3 times
faster than the traditional method.  It consists of digital cameras,
scanners, computer workstations and printers.

>>> <rshrestha@acl.nyit.edu> 04/28/97 09:02am >>>
Hi all!
I am in research of pollution prevention for company 'Disc Graphics'. The
information received from company is incomplete, but I know they have
waste water of
200gpd in out side collection tank after silver recovery. In darkroom they
use photochemicals like fuji and 3m sys. Is there any latest technology
cheaper and beneficial? sorry for long:- any suggestion would be
appreciated.
Razan, Suffolk County Water Authority

-- BEGIN included message

The Crane Naval Surface Warfare Division is a large industialized facility
with many photographic needs - technical and otherwise.  We have
eliminated use of all  chemicals in our photo processes by using digital
photographic equipment. We eliminated  purchase/ use of 28 hazardous
materials,  500,000 gal / yr rinse water, 11,000 gal / yr of photographic
baths/chemicals.  The initial investment was $210K, but we are
expecting to save $190K/yr after the first year.  The process is 3 times
faster than the traditional method.  It consists of digital cameras,
scanners, computer workstations and printers.

>>> <rshrestha@acl.nyit.edu> 04/28/97 09:02am >>>
Hi all!
I am in research of pollution prevention for company 'Disc Graphics'. The
information received from company is incomplete, but I know they have
waste water of
200gpd in out side collection tank after silver recovery. In darkroom they
use photochemicals like fuji and 3m sys. Is there any latest technology
cheaper and beneficial? sorry for long:- any suggestion would be
appreciated.
Razan, Suffolk County Water Authority

-- END included message