Re: Pollution Prevention for Publicly Owned Treatment Works(POTWs)

Pradeep,

The City of Portland, Oregon owns and operates two wastewater treatment plants.
I have worked with both facilities on how they can voluntarily improve
practices and processes to prevent pollution.  Some ideas include:

	Pre-screening purchase requests to evaluate why that particular
	chemical is needed, and if there may be a less toxic alternative;

	Using bicycles to commute within the plant, rather than autos/trucks;

	Mapping the flow of materials to determine where losses occur.

If you would like more information, you can email/call me direct.

Margaret Reich
Pollution Prevention Program
Portland, Oregon
P-503.823.7623