Re: hand wipe cleaning

Wendy,
At the risk of sounding too much like Bob Pojasek, the first step would be
to determine the cause of the small quantities of uncured epoxy resins that
require hand wiping. If you fix that, you won't need the substitute solvent
and will save time and money.

If you've done your homework and found that it's not cost effective to
prevent the cause of the excess epoxy, you could try a product we've used
here named 'Res-Away'. (It's distributed by The Norac Co, Azusa CA
818-334-2908) It is a water soluble product used to clean tools/hands/etc
in the FRP industry...hope this helps, George

At 03:14 PM 4/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for a water-based/less toxic solvent cleaner that can be
>used for hand wipe removal of small quanities of uncured epoxy (resin
>with aliphatic amine curing agent).  The company in need of assistance
>manufacturers golf clubs.  Any suggestions?
>
>Wendy F.

George Goode
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Bldg 860
Upton, NY 11973-5000

Phone: 516-344-4549
Fax:   516-344-7334
email: goode@mail.sep.bnl.gov

Check out the BNL Pollution Prevention Information Source
http://sun10.sep.bnl.gov/~goode/p2.htm