ADMIN: Updates and Reminders

Following are a few updates and reminders regarding the P2Tech list server.
Please read them and save this message for future reference.  A more
complete description of the list server functions and etiquette is available
upon request.  (All instructions below are for the P2Tech list server only.
The same conditions apply to P2Policy and P2Trainer, but you will need to
contact Tyrone Foster at NPPR as he manages those lists.

**** Please send all correspondences regarding P2Tech administration to:
listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu  ****
**** Please send all messages for posting on P2Tech to: p2tech@great-lakes.com

1. SUMMER HOLIDAYS
It is summer time!  If you are planning a vacation _and_ will be using any
type of Automatic Reply message, you MUST let me know.  Please e-mail
vacation dates at least a few days in advance.  I will take care of the
rest.  (I can remove you from the list even if you aren't using a vac.
message, if you don't want all the mail upon return.  Again, just let me
know the dates.)

I have the list server set up so that most automatic reply messages won't be
posted because of "taboo" key words, but this is no guarantee.   AND I still
get the tons of messages automatic replies generate.  If I see an automatic
reply message, I will immediately unsubscribe the e-mail address to prevent
further problems.  If this happens to you, please contact me and I will
re-subscribe your account.

2.  PERSONAL MESSAGES
We have been seeing a large number of personal messages posted to the list.
It happens to almost everyone accidentally at some time, but it is also easy
to prevent.  Remember: using the "REPLY" function for a message posted to
the list will send your response back to the entire list, not just to the
person writing the message.

Some tips:
--  Please send any message that might be of interest to other members to
the entire group.  We are all interested in your expertise and opinions.
--  Please send 'thank yous' or other personal, unrelated messages directly
to the person in question, rather than to the entire list.
--  To help others send messages to your directly, please include your
e-mail address on all correspondences to the group.
--  If you want to respond directly to a person and don't have an e-mail
address, I probably do.  I would be happy to forward any messages, and
frequently do, directly to the intended party.  The message will appear as
if it is directly from you.  I do need a first and last name for the
intended recipient, of course.

3.  E-MAIL ARCHIVES
P2Tech has e-mail archives.  If you have missed messages or want to search
for something you know you have seen in the past, please access:
<http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/hwric/greatl/archives.html>.  This page will link
you to the desired archives.

Thanks for you help!  Please don't hesitate to write or call should you have
any questions.

Lisa
Lisa C. Morrison			listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
List Manager				217.244.6061 (v)
IL Waste Management and Research Ctr.	217.333.8944 (f)
One East Hazelwood Dr.			Champaign, Illinois 61820