Re: Disinfection

Hi, this will help you out, I hope.  We recently did a document for one
of our customers that covered some of your issues, I can share the
following references:

Books:

Unit Operations in Environmental Engineering, R. Noyes, 1993
Design of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants, WEF/ASCE, 1992
Industrial Water Pollution Control, Eckenfelder, 1989
Standard Handbook of Environmental Engineering, R.A. Corbitt, 1989
Water Quality and Treatment, AWWA, 1990
Wastewater Engineering, Treatment, Disposal, and Reuse,  Metcalf & Eddy,
1991
Wastewater treatment plants, Planning, Design, and Operation, S. R.
Qasim, 1994
Design Manual: Municipal Wastewater Disinfection, EPA 625/1-86-021, 1986

These web sites:

http://www.waterworld.com
http://www.halcyon.com/cleanh2o/ww/commerce.html
http://www.halcyon.com/cleanh2o/ww/muniwater.html
http://www.halcyon.com/cleanh2o/ww/book1.html
http://www.halcyon.com/cleanh2o/ww/wwt1.html
http://www.epa.gov/OWOW/
http://www.waterweb.com
http://pipes.ehsg.saic.com/pipes.htm
http://www.awwa.org/
http://cct.seas.ucla.edu/cct.ww.html
http://remco.com/~remcobob/home.htm
http://www.epri.com/96plan/csg/iats/iats2.html
http://wateronline.com/
http://WWDigest.com
http://WaterEM.com
http://www.uci.agh.edu.pl/polconn/water.htm
http://waterem.com/waterem.html
http://www.caeconsultants.com/plant.htm#wastewater

Basically, all the alternatives can be designed to work... the cost of
operation and equipment is however higher than simple chlorination and
varies significantly between uv, o3 and h2o2.

	Denis Dionne
	Technology Analyst, Concurrent Technologies Corporation
	E-Mail: dionne@ctc.com    http://www.ctc.com
	Phone: (814) 269-2739  Fax: (814) 269-6218