Re: Garbage Diposals & Dishwashers -Reply

There's a sewage composting facility not far from my house.  If you bring
a bucket they will give you free nightsoil.  I don't know how rare such a
facility is in the U.S.  They had some trouble with occasional odors for a
while but lately things have improved (along with some new management).  I
don't know if they've been very successful in marketing their product but
I suspect that the local sod growers and professional landscapers are
snapping it up (so to speak).

The troubling thing to me about this is that materials that don't belong
in a yard find their way into the sewer.

But at least in our case, the sewage sludge isn't being landfilled.

 Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.                   Process Profiles
                                                      P.O. Box 8264
 1-818-878-0454                            Calabasas, CA 91372-8264
 rosselot@netcom.com                                         U.S.A.