Tennis & hexane

P2Tech'ers:
     With summer here and tennis balls flying, this question is well-timed.
We got a call about a manufacturer of tennis balls and tennis rackets.
Apparently they use hexane in their manufacturing process.  Is anyone
familiar with any alternatives to hexane or P2 assessments of sporting good
manufacturers that might yield some ideas for source reduction?
I checked P2tech archives and a few other sources but couldn't find
anything on hexane.

     Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Eileen Sheehan
P2 Team, EPA Region 9