HVLP painting equipment and robots

Greetings all,

On July 1, I will be visiting one of our local manufacturers who make
metal based furniture. Since their operation involves painting, I was
interested in the use of HVLP equipment for their operation.

I know that they currently use robots to paint with humans doing the
touch-up work. Enamel is their paint of choice. They do send the
parts through an oven after painting.

Question-is it possible to use HVLP equipment with robots and enamel
paint?

In the telephone call, I suggested this option as a possibility for
them to decrease the amount of paint they are using which caught
their eye.

Thanks.

Kirsten Koepsel
Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center