Source of peptizer

Greetings,

The following is from a request that was passed on to me.

Does anyone have a name of a chemical used in tire recycling called a
peptizer?
 According to Comptons Encyclopedia the peptizer is used to
soften the rubber of the tire before it is shredded.

I have tried calling local chemical suppliers and they have no idea
about what a peptizer is. The requester would prefer a supplier in
Dallas but will take any source of peptizer.

I am interested in a trade name which might make it easier to track
down and a company selling it, if possible.

Thanks.

Kirsten M. Koepsel
Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center
7300 Jack Newell Blvd., South