RE: Ammonia Refrigeration

David,
Why is this company using ammonia for refrigeration (e.g. what are the technical performance requirements for the refrigeration system)?  The rest of the world is eliminating R-12 (CFC-12) and R-22 (HCFC-22) from usage in refrigeration due Ozone Depletion, and consequently there are several emerging refrigerants available.  You can review the EPA's SNAP program for approved alternative refrigerants.  see refrigerants listed under:  http://www.epa.gov/docs/spdpublc/title6/snap/index.html

Allan Butler
Senior Engineer
Concurrent Technologies Corporation
510 Washington Ave, Suite 120