Re: HVLP painting equipment and robots

Paul,

Mixed colors in powder paint go on with a speckled color - each particle keeps
its color when cured.  This is unacceptable for most uses although some of you
that are more artistically inclined might think it is COOL!  Are you TREATING a
waste by solidifing it?  Do you run the TCPL before solidification?  Compliance
with confusing regulations is perhaps the very reason why many of us seek to
avoid them altogether by cleaner production and pollution prevention.  My point
remains - do we consider all the consequences of the alternatives that we
recommend.  Powder paints for most lines create a NEW waste stream when it
eliminates the VOC waste stream.  Perhaps the vendors could work on this instead
of hiding it when they peddle their wares.

Bob Pojasek
rpojasek@sprynet.com