Re[2]: Ammonia Refrigeration

     David:

     At 60,000 lbs of ammonia, the beer brewer is already required to meet
     the OSHA standard of Process Safety Management and therefore must meet
     the requirements of Program 3 of the RMP.

     If the the OSHA standard has already been met by the brewer, the
     additional requirements to meet Program 3 of the RMP will be:

     -  registration
     -  off-site consequence analysis
     -  five-year accident history
     -  documenation of the items completed for OSHA Process Safety
     Management Standard.

     For something as simple as ammonia being the only on-site toxic, off
     the top of my head, my estimate to prepare a Risk Management Plan
     would be no more than $15,000.  This would be considerably less
     expensive than switching refrigerants.

     However, the requirements of the OSHA Process Safety Management
     standard are much more extensive.  If the brewery wishes to avoid the
     process safety management requirements of OSHA, it might be well worth
     their while to switch refrigerants.

     I hope this is helpful.

     Rob Michalowicz
     BOVAR Environmental