Polyurethane Foam Mfg: Methylene Chloride Substitute

Hi, folks.  First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the quick and
comprehensive responses to my last request regarding supercritical CO2
cleaning.

I'm working with a small polyurethane foam manufacturer (they make seat
cushions for old cars!) that uses a low-pressure machine that automatically
rinses the mixing head after each run with methylene chloride.  What I'm
looking for are case studies of the use of substitutes for the methylene
chloride in these machines.

I should note that I already know of other alternatives, such as
high-pressure machines, self-cleaning mixing heads, etc.  This situation
requires a substitute for the methylene chloride, if any exist that work.

I have also looked at the case study database in Envirosense, as well as
other Web sites, and the P2Tech archives.  I didn't find anything that
answers this question.

So, if any of you out there have had experience with this sort of operation,
and have documented examples of substitutes that do the trick, please let me
know.  Thanks!  Please e-mail me directly as well as the listserve.

Bob Goldberg
Washington State Department of Ecology
P.O. Box 47775
Olympia, WA  98504-7775