wood-fired boiler

P2-techers:

I know this a bit off of the normal focus, but I hope that casting this
net wide will turn up some references to existing expertise..

I have a client who would like some names of researchers or consultants
experienced in improving bio-fuel boiler efficiency.  Specifically, the
firebox on his wood-fired fire tube boiler is just that - a rectangular
box - built with mass reduction as a greater priority than optimal heat
transfer.

His short-term objective is to send a request for proposal (RFP) asking
for research or engineering services to improve the construction of his
two units.  The potential long-term goal is to commercialize the
technology for installation elsewhere.

I wonder if you know of institutions or firms that have done work in this
area already?

Thank you for your help in advance.  And enjoy the holiday weekend.

ry
--

Richard Yoder, PE			Nebraska Industrial
NICS-NBDC				Competetivenss Service