Re: wood-fired boiler

At 09:15 AM 7/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>P2-techers:
>
>I know this a bit off of the normal focus, but I hope that casting this
>net wide will turn up some references to existing expertise..
>
>I have a client who would like some names of researchers or consultants
>experienced in improving bio-fuel boiler efficiency.  Specifically, the
>firebox on his wood-fired fire tube boiler is just that - a rectangular
>box - built with mass reduction as a greater priority than optimal heat
>transfer.
>
>His short-term objective is to send a request for proposal (RFP) asking
>for research or engineering services to improve the construction of his
>two units.  The potential long-term goal is to commercialize the
>technology for installation elsewhere.
>
>I wonder if you know of institutions or firms that have done work in this
>area already?
>
>Thank you for your help in advance.  And enjoy the holiday weekend.
>
>ry
>--

>Richard Yoder, PE			Nebraska Industrial
>NICS-NBDC				Competetivenss Service
>1101 Cornhusker Hwy.    Ste. 302	800-MEP-4MFG
>Lincoln, Nebraska    68521
>					Nebraska Business
>phone 402/472-1183			Development Center
>fax   402/472-3363			402-595-2381
>email ryoder@unomaha.edu

When I was at Battelle in the early 1980's, they were doing a lot of work on
burning of various fuels for energy efficiency and pollution efficiency,
including various fluidized beds and wood stoves.  You might try them, in
Columbus, OH.  area code 614.

Ralph

Ralph E. Cooper, Ph.D.
3475 Norwood, Suite N