RE: Alternatives for Pentachlorphenol Wood Preservative

>Have you heard of wood pressure treated with ammonia copper sulfate?
 >The wood brand name is AQC.
The only thing I know about it is that it is mentioned on the American
Wood Preservers Institute's home page at
http://www.awpi.org
This home page contains about 11 pages worth of text geiving general
information about treated wood.
They mention Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA)
Ammoniacal Copper Quat (ACQ) - Is this the same as ammonia copper
sulfate?
Ammoniacal Copper Zinc Arsenate (ACZA)
as water borne preservatives.

I guess I will have to try to get some more information on ACQ.

Thanks for the information.
Peter T. Moulton
Division of Technical Services, Bureau of Remediation
State of Maine Department of Environmental Protection
State House Station #17
Augusta, ME  04333
tel. 207-287-8161   Fax. 207-287-7826
Peter.T.Moulton@state.me.us
case (upper or lower) does not matter on email address